Wednesday morning was a great morning at the St. Paul Pool & Yacht club.
A small group convened to hear Provident Partners’ Albert Maruggi and me speak on the ways of integrating social media tactics to one’s traditional marcomm efforts. Keeping the group small allowed us to drill down into the attendees specific issues and objectives and they walked away, not with a laundry list of what tools are available, but with concrete ideas of how to develop a social media strategy that will help them achieve those objectives.
Our goal was to give people a different type of seminar. We wanted them to forget about the shiny new objects – all the tools and toys that are used and developed everyday – and ask themselves a few questions:
- What are our marcomm objectives.
- How can we leverage social media to help us me.et those objectives.
- How do we determine which tool is appropriate for the given job.
Content, credible content, being king, we also asked them to look inside their company and consider resources – the human kind – they could tap to play the role of subject matter expert and how they could best be leveraged; audio, video and/or text.
We packed a lot of information into a two hour semianr, and in the end everyone left with a solid foundation on which to begin building the strategies they came in search of. I’m going to enjoy watching as the companies represented build out their plans and begin executing on them.
It was a very satisfying and gratifying to help fellow professionals who are in the same position I was just a few short years ago.
August 14, 2009 Posted by Mark Palony | Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media | Albert Maruggi, B2B, Blogging, Lead Generation, Marketing Edge Podcast, Podcasting, Provident Partners, Setting Objectives, Strategy, Twitter | Leave a Comment
My journey into the world of Digital Communications started in 2004 with the idea that I could use video testimonials to drive leads for the enterprise software company I was working for. It worked and, along with my good friends Albert Maruggi and Mike Keliher, I expanded into blogging, podcasting and Twitter. With each step we experienced more and more success. In early 2010 I moved from the client side to the agency side doing the same kind of work for a number of vertical industries.
Tag! You’re it!Albert Maruggi B2B B2C Blogging Business C2C Campaign 08 Complaints Consumer Packaged Goods Customer Relations Enterprise Software Facebook Google Internet Lead Generation Liars LinkedIn Marketing McCain Microsoft newcom08 New Comm Forum NFL Obama P2P Palin Podcasting Politicians Politics Professional Networking Provident Partners Public Relations Setting Objectives SNCR Social media Social network Social Networking Society for New Communication Research Strategy Target market Tradional Media Twitter Wall Street Journal Web 2.0 YouTube
Search Wondering Out Loud
- Voice your views on Display advertising. Take the survey before the long weekend ow.ly/lm5je #DigitalAdvertising Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- @OptiMineInc is asking #DigitalMarketing to weigh in on the subject of tracking cookies. Voice your opinion here: tinyurl.com/d8j6av8 Tweeted 1 month ago
- RT @OptiMineInc: The Louis C.K. Guide to Online Marketing | Digiday digiday.com/brands/the-lou… via @digiday Tweeted 1 month ago
- Update: 4 emails from the same comapny in the same day. The fact that they are a direct competitor makes it even more intersting. Tweeted 1 month ago
- Three emails sales emails from the same company in the same day? Anyone else think that's a bit much? #Marketing Tweeted 1 month ago
- RT @adotas: @OptiMineInc CTO Rob Cooley is the latest influencer to weigh in on the @IAB ad revenue report adotas.com/?p=50064 Tweeted 2 months ago
- RT @MNRobW: More winners! @malvesschemetow just won $50 in #spintowin @OptiMineInc #eTail Tweeted 3 months ago
- RT @OptiMineInc: We're crumbling the digital advertising cookie in our latest blog post. Marketers should look to impressions: http://t. ... Tweeted 3 months ago
- RT @OptiMineInc: Cookies are nice, but the cookies-only strategy is on life support, VPI is the only approach. bit.ly/13nYTxs #S ... Tweeted 3 months ago
- RT @MNRobW: Come see @OptiMineInc booth 205 @etail_events. Do you know your VPI? #paidsearch #etail_events #palmsprings Tweeted 3 months ago
Calendar of Posts
June 2013 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- December 2008
- September 2008
- April 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008