I, and a couple hundred of my Social Media fellow travelers, are gathered in Santa Rosa, CA for the New Comm Forum put on by the Society for New Communication Research (SNCR). I came here with the goal of arming myself with enough information to finally develop an honest-to-goodness Social Media strategy for my work at SoftBrands. After two days of seminars and presentations I can honestly claim that I’ve been inundated with more than I thought possible.
If information is power, I’m feeling a bit Super Man.
Going in, I was convinced that I was playing catch-up in terms of my/our adoption of SM, but I quickly realized that I am not only caught up, I’m actually ahead of the game in many respects.
With enterprisetechblog.com, podcasting and twitter already part of my SM mix, I have more vehicles promoting the really smart people at SoftBrands than most have even considered. But even with all of the good things happening, there is one piece of the puzzle missing: Listening.
I’m not listening to my constituents. I haven’t figured out where their conversations are taking place or what they’re saying. But I intend to do so. If I am to be successful in implementing Social Media at SoftBrands, I have to find those conversations, listen to what is being said, and add value to them.
Only after I accomplish that can I expect my consituents to come to the blog and podcasts and listen and comment on what is being said.
Seems so simple and basic, but it was not part of my thought process before the last two days.
I can’t wait to get back and begin implementing everything I’ve learned. I can’t wait for tomorrow and the opportunity to learn more.
More on SNCR, New Comm Forum, and all the really smart people I’m surrounded by.
My journey into the world of Digital Communications started in 2004 with the idea that I could use video testimonials to drive leads for the enterprise software company I was working for. It worked and, along with my good friends Albert Maruggi and Mike Keliher, I expanded into blogging, podcasting and Twitter. With each step we experienced more and more success. In early 2010 I moved from the client side to the agency side doing the same kind of work for a number of vertical industries.
Tag! You’re it!Albert Maruggi B2B B2C Blogging Business C2C Campaign 08 Complaints Consumer Packaged Goods Customer Relations Enterprise Software Facebook Google Internet Lead Generation Liars LinkedIn Marketing McCain Microsoft newcom08 New Comm Forum NFL Obama P2P Palin Podcasting Politicians Politics Professional Networking Provident Partners Public Relations Setting Objectives SNCR Social media Social network Social Networking Society for New Communication Research Strategy Target market Tradional Media Twitter Wall Street Journal Web 2.0 YouTube
Search Wondering Out Loud
- Voice your views on Display advertising. Take the survey before the long weekend ow.ly/lm5je #DigitalAdvertising Tweeted 1 day ago
- @OptiMineInc is asking #DigitalMarketing to weigh in on the subject of tracking cookies. Voice your opinion here: tinyurl.com/d8j6av8 Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @OptiMineInc: The Louis C.K. Guide to Online Marketing | Digiday digiday.com/brands/the-lou… via @digiday Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- Update: 4 emails from the same comapny in the same day. The fact that they are a direct competitor makes it even more intersting. Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- Three emails sales emails from the same company in the same day? Anyone else think that's a bit much? #Marketing Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @adotas: @OptiMineInc CTO Rob Cooley is the latest influencer to weigh in on the @IAB ad revenue report adotas.com/?p=50064 Tweeted 1 month ago
- RT @MNRobW: More winners! @malvesschemetow just won $50 in #spintowin @OptiMineInc #eTail Tweeted 2 months ago
- RT @OptiMineInc: We're crumbling the digital advertising cookie in our latest blog post. Marketers should look to impressions: http://t. ... Tweeted 2 months ago
- RT @OptiMineInc: Cookies are nice, but the cookies-only strategy is on life support, VPI is the only approach. bit.ly/13nYTxs #S ... Tweeted 2 months ago
- RT @MNRobW: Come see @OptiMineInc booth 205 @etail_events. Do you know your VPI? #paidsearch #etail_events #palmsprings Tweeted 2 months ago
Calendar of Posts
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- December 2008
- September 2008
- April 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008